It seems that three books have been written about the Hilversum Rotary Club at three different anniversaries. The first (which I don’t have) was published in 1953, the second in 1988 and the third in 2003.
Both later books seem expansions of the previous, so the last one, doesn’t add anything to the period I’m interested in (It does give more insight into Rotary in general). The 2003 book has texts from the 1988 book, but they didn’t republish them all. It seems that the same can be said about the 1988 versus 1954 book.
In any case, I have edited the Rotary article a bit and added a strange image.
For completeness, these are the named books.
- Gedenkboek Rotary Club Hilversum 1928-1953 compiled by H. Gorter (1954).
- Rotary Club Hilversum 1928 – 1988 by different authors (1988);
- Rotary Club Hilversum Lustrumbundel 1928 – 2003 by Bart Admiraal (2003).
Then we have the more general book that I found (and Hoogenboom too) which I have used before:
- Rotary voor, tijdens en na de Tweede Wereldoorlog by D.M. Jaeger (2003).
After the war, people who have been active in the Nationaal Socialistische Beweging (‘National Socialist Movement’, N.S.B.), have been investigated to see if they should be prosecuted. Farwerck was of course one of them.
One biography quotes from these files and it took me quite a while before I located them and then again some time before I managed to check them myself.
Okay, so I forget to update this category. A quick overview:
- July 23th I looked into the Sammlung Thule;
- August 7th the ‘Nehalennia crew‘;
- August 9th when looking for more images I found a couple of interesting things;
- August 18th. Wondering who lived on the alternative address of Farwerck’s publishing house I tried to find out “who was mrs. Farwerck?“;
- Augustus 30th I took a look at Franz’ brother;
- September 2nd. Finding looking into the ‘Nehalennia crew’ interesting I pointed my arrows to the Goois Museum;
- September 4th. Farwerck seems to have been a Sufi;
- Farwerck’s social ideas (6/9/19);
- So what exactly did Farwerck say about the Jews? (6/9/19);
- With whom did Farwerck start a Rotary club? (7/9/19);
- With whom did Farwerck start the Coué foundation? (9/9/19);
- Was Farwerck active within Theosophy? (12/9/19);
- The couple Van Meerwijk joined Farwerck on may efforts, who were they? (16/9/19);
- What can we find out about Farwerck’s belief? (18/9/19).
In order to not put this information in the biography or the startpage, perhaps it is an idea of some ‘blog-like’ overview of when and how I run into new information. This first post will be a bit of an overview, later on these posts will be shorter.